Dental implants are false teeth that are held in place with titanium rods that are installed in the jawbone. The false tooth is then attached to the rod with an abutment on extension.
Almost 50 million Americans experience tooth-loss every year. Dental bridges have traditionally been the best option if you are in this situation. However, there have been continue technological advancements regarding different types of dental implants. Dental implants are becoming both a common and popular procedure to restore a missing tooth or teeth.
The team at Cherrydale Family Dental have created a true family orientated environment working with every member of the family, from infant to teenager to mom and dad to grandparents. Patience is a virtue exercised with all ages. Everyone on our staff believes this. We enjoy watching a patient grow and mature with a healthy smile. If you have any questions at all regarding a dental implant, simply call Cherrydale Family Dental at 703-243-8288. You can find us at 4399 Old Dominion Drive, Arlington, VA, 22312.
Some forms of damage to your teeth may only require simple, cosmetic solutions. If you have a small chip or crack, for instance, you may only need dental bonding. If you have more severe damage or decay, though, you may need to have your tooth removed. You may also have an accident that knocks a tooth out, requiring you to replace the tooth. Whatever the reason may be, if you have a gap where a tooth is missing, you will need to have it replaced. One of the best replacement options is a dental implant.
START YOUR SMILE
WITH CHERRYDALE DENTAL TODAY
What Are the Reasons for Choosing A Dental Implant?
- Dental implants offer some significant benefits for you including the following:
- Tooth Migration: when a tooth is missing the neighboring teeth immediately begin to shift into that opening, affecting your bite alignment.
- Neighboring teeth: Unlike a dental bridge, you are not relying on the neighboring teeth for support. You do not need crowns on them to carry the bridge.
- Structural Integrity: By filling in gaps, dental implants not only preserve the original jawbone, but they also reduce the possibility of infections developing. They also stop any atrophy of the jawbone.
- Improved Aesthetics: Dental implants will improve the appearance of your smile as well as your jawline and prevent any sagging in the shape of your jaw or face that develop with missing teeth.
- Oral Health: Having an implant placed improves your ability and likelihood to brush and floss regularly, which results in improved overall oral health.
- Upgrade from Dentures: Because the titanium post acts like a root, and they are adhered to the jawbone, dental implants are permanent and stable, which will improve your ability to chew foods and talk comfortably.
Dental implants can be a wonderful option for you if you are looking for a long-term solution for your missing tooth or teeth.
Ensure the Health of Your Implant
One of the main factors when it comes to the longevity of an implant is how you care for the implant. A dental implant should be treated just like a natural tooth and should be properly brushed and flossed accordingly. This will help to ensure the health of your gums, and the surrounding teeth.
Make sure to continue to brush, floss and rinse out your mouth at least twice a day to ensure proper overall oral health.
It is also important to understand that, while dental implants are strong, a healing process is still required after implants are installed. For the first few weeks we will suggest a diet consisting of softer food, with a slow introduction to harder foods. Keep in mind that your jawbone needs to acclimate to the new force that is being applied to it.
If your implant was placed after a sports injury, make sure to use proper protection moving forward such as a mouth guard.
Finally, always schedule regular dental exams. Unchecked dental issues can result in additional problems and the progression of decay, which is why it is so important to visit Cherrydale Family Dental every six months. In addition to providing a deep clean for your teeth and diagnosing potential issues before they progress, these preventative checkups also allow us to monitor the status of your implant
Quality Dental Care for ALL Family Members
At Cherrydale Family Dental, 4399 Old Dominion Dr., Arlington, VA, we work hard to develop trusting and long-lasting relationships with each patient. We embrace all patients and welcome them to our family. We want to contribute to helping you maintain good oral health indefinitely. We always look forward to seeing you and discussing what is best for you and your smile. Please contact us at 703-243-8288 to discuss the dental implant benefits for you and how it can improve your quality of life.
ARE YOU READY TO TAKE CARE OF YOUR SMILE TODAY?
Modern dentistry techniques, affordable prices and financial options make it easier than ever for you to have a bright and healthy smile. We are currently accepting new patients and we would love to help you get the smile you’ve always dreamed of.
Call us at (703) 243-8288 to book an appointment OR easily using the button below.